Friday, June 15, 2007

Fini

I hope you all have enjoyed this finally cascade of posts. It didn't seem right not to share everything that was lurking in 'the shadows' (Les Ombres).
I hope you explore some of the links I've put up on the blogroll. I try to find those sites with a unique point of view. Those that try to be creative. Those that have more pictures than advertising. Those that don't need to invent silly popularity contests to increase readership.
Because it's all in the post. If the post interests, people will come back time and again.
To other bloggers I would stress the attribution. Because we all succeed when one finds something of particular interest. We all feed of an event or ad campaign in our own way. We find the angle that speaks to us.
There was an Australian site that copied word for word posts done here and other popular blogs. The plagaristic owner never understood that it is these posts that give us our voices. We all copy pictures from each other but I would hope that we can be generous enough to give the credit for these finds. I fear Croatian Queer World is currently being overlooked on his wonderful coverage of the Mr. Croatia Competition. And that's sad.
I remember when Fleshbot gave me my first link. Oh happiness other blogs can give to each other. Don't disrespect your peers whether large or small.
Sounding like a sermon.
I suspect that I'll be back in some form..... maybe even here. But I have a gig in Romania starting next week for a little bit. Then I'm off to visit a friend in Bulgaria. I'll take stock of things when I return.
I leave you with three special Melanges
Ciao

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
Anger (why is this happening to me?)
Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
Depression (I don't care anymore)
Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)

(The stages of grief)

I'm ready to start bargaining.........

Thank you for the blog.

-Shawn

Anonymous said...

Suicide watch starts now...



Seriously, thanks for a great blog!

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage, JN! Thanks again for everything. It was fun to get to know you a little bit via your blog...little pieces of your life and work that you sprinkled here and there in your posts. I'm certain that you'd be a terrific person to know in person. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to see your blog go away.
It was beautiful and always brought a smile to me.

Thank you.

JOHN

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sad to see you go, but hope to see you back one day, thanks for the wonderful blog and take care from EYECATCHER, P@t

http://myalbum4u.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am going to really miss your blog and your eye for beauty. Hope that you start again one day...... x

CowboyDenver said...

I'll miss your blog. It was the first one I checked each day. Always lots of photos I never saw anywhere else. Best wishes to you.

Anonymous said...

...waiting for the day you return...until then, thank you for the many, many wonderfully creative & sexy posts. les ombres will be sadly missed.

Anonymous said...

its a shame to see you go but have done a wonderful job and thanks 4 all the pics as i sed in an earlier comment wen u 1st annonced the end alas all good things come to an end

get ur pantz on said...

We are waiting for your return. Thanls for all those nice moments you have brought us with your blog

Anonymous said...

It's sad that one bad apple will ruin a bushel... I sincerely hope you return at some point. Take care, and much love.

Chris from Hunk du Jour.

Anonymous said...

This blog is great.
To the owners CONGRATULATIONS
May de fates be good in your new projects
Greetings of a very BIG fan from Mexico

Angel.

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog... Very sad to see you go.

about a boy said...

youll be missed. and thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. It has been a truly beautiful journey -- one that no one else takes us on nearly as well.

Hope you have a great trip.

Paul

Emisiones Nocturnas said...

Extrañaré mucho tu blog... y tus fotografías únicas... y tus links...

Espero y vuelvas pronto...

I'll miss your blog ... and your unique pics... and your links...

Hope that you come back soon...


Hugs from Chile...

:'(

glinke said...

Nice blogs can't live too long. And yours was very nice.

Thanks and good luck for everything.

rearlover said...

i m gonna miss yr inspiring blog

Anonymous said...

Non, je suis pas d'accord. J'adore ce blog. Je fais la grêve de la faim voilà... Je veux que ça continue.

Tendrement
Jiro

Anonymous said...

From Chile we'll miss your Blog.

We hope that "Les Ombres" come back very soon.

-Good luck-

Anonymous said...

I was always seeing this blog from Japan.
I'm waiting to be able to return someday.

Thank you.
Arigato!

Anonymous said...

¡NOOOOOO! ¿Por qué?
Era muy bueno y formaba parte de mis costumbres cotidianas.
Ojala regreses pronto.
Desde Venezuela. Adios y suerte.

Anonymous said...

you are just a poor bitter bitch. Your blog sucks just like you.

Anonymous said...

Will miss you.
Found a Blog you might like
http://breifencounters.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for ALL the pics!! Bye

SAILOR

marlene said...

I will miss your blog.
tk
Extrañaré tu blog,
Gracias y mucha suerte en tu viaje,
Besos,

Pakito said...

Too bad that others take advantage of this wonderful blog, thnx for sharing what u have seen and thnx for ur effort, wish u didnt have to leave!